Sell With Soul, with Paula Pagano
In this episode of Pursuing Freedom to hear how Paula Pagno has been successful with her ‘sell with soul’ philosophy. Hear insights about:
- How Paula’s career in real estate has unfolded over the years
- Why Paula was inspired to write her book about a non-traditional way to successfully buy and sell property stress-free
- How to learn and grow by helping others in your team
- The philosophy of helping and serving clients and why focusing on others’ needs aligns with Paula’s personal beliefs
- The highs and lows of Paula’s career and how she figured out how to unstick herself emotionally, and find the motivation and enthusiasm to go out and engage
- How new real estate brokers can discover ways to connect with potential clients genuinely
- Strategies for boosting your energy when you feel overcommitted and overextended
Sell with Soul and Passion
Being too sales-y is a turn-off for many people. But the joy of the real estate industry today is that there is no need to continue to push those traditional sales techniques that most of us find so distasteful.
I loved having Paula on the show to share her wisdom on why selling with passion and soul is so much more effective for our clients and us. We talk about the sales training that Paula was able to align with, which took her to the number one sales slot without compromising her authentic self. Connecting authentically with our clients and appreciating that we serve them and support them in reaching their goals is a much better perspective.
We have a fear of the word sales, but when you love what you do as a realtor, when you love connecting, you love being curious, you love making someone’s experience amazing, then you can push through your fears. If we frame the process, remove the money-making agenda, and focus on how we give to our clients in a way that works for them, then the sale comes as a byproduct of our joy and pride in our professional role.
Creating Opportunities for Others
Paula gives so many golden nuggets of information on the show. Her advice for realtors who are making their way up in the industry is invaluable, as is her insight for more experienced professionals on what to do when you have more business than you can handle.
Feeling stuck can be a lonely place to be, but there are ways that you can push through your feelings of loneliness and dissatisfaction and progress on to where you want to be. If you are visible in your office and cultivate a reputation for being helpful to others on your team, you put yourself in line for new opportunities as they arise. By being willing to learn, displaying curiosity, and giving time to others, there’s no doubt that you are putting yourself on the best footing to move past your static period.
It can also be a stressor if you’re on the other end of the scale and are becoming busier and more sought after as an agent. Being time-poor doesn’t mean you should shrink your vision or shrink your goals and play small; it simply means it’s time to recognize that you have a valuable opportunity to help somebody else. It’s a gift to be able to lift others up, enlist their help, and create opportunities in the process.
If you’d like to learn more about the incredible Paula Pagano, you can find her on Facebook or visit her website at https://paulapagano.com/. And as always, check out www.pursuingfreedom.com for other great podcast episodes and interviews with industry professionals!
About Paula Pagano
Originally from New York, Paula Pagano moved to San Francisco in 1980 and became the top sales agent in her office her first year and has remained a consistent Top Sales Producer for over 40 years. Paula has marketed and sold many unique properties, including historical landmarks, large apartment complexes, and celebrity homes.
In addition, Paula is a bestselling author on Amazon with over 40 rave reviews for her two books: SECRETS OF A TOP SALESPERSON – How Emotions Make or Break the Sale and GETTING THE PROPERTY SOUL’D. Her books have been endorsed by Barbara Corcoran of Shark Tank and the legendary sales trainer and author Tom Hopkins.
How to Connect With Paula Pagano
- Website: https://paulapagano.com/
- Paula’s Book: https://www.amazon.com/Getting-Property-Sould-Paula-Pagano/dp/098835912X/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulapagano/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paulapaganorealtor/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/paulapagano