Real Estate Profession | Run Your Real Estate Business How YOU Want to Run it, with Leigh Brown
Real Estate Profession | Prepare Yourself for Success in Real Estate
By the age of twenty-five, Leigh Brown had already worked three different full-time jobs. She did stints as a bar manager, a salesperson, and a stockbroker before finally heading back to the drawing board to conjure up a long term play. Leigh’s father was in the real estate profession, and years before any of this, he made Leigh get a license in case she wanted to get into the industry down the road—that is exactly what she did! Twenty years later, Leigh is still thriving in the real estate business and loves every aspect of it. From the relationship building and client management to the countless niches in which you can build a career, this is the best place to be!
Your Education Never Ends
There is no profession that rewards people who are willing to put in the legwork and get creative like the real estate profession. You can come into this industry with any background, find a sense of discipline, and accomplish almost anything you put your heart and mind to. But you also need to be thoroughly prepared. When Leigh got started at twenty-five, her father made her sustain a rigorous education process before she got hands-on with clients. Now, that doesn’t mean you can’t achieve success by learning as you go—it just means there is an immeasurable amount of value in mentorship and the process of learning by example. Get out there and find someone to talk to; take advantage of every resource that resonates with the goals you set for yourself. Your education never ends in real estate.
Run Your Business How YOU Want to Run It
Once we move our pride and egos aside, we have the potential to be amazing. But admitting that you don’t know something can be a hard pill to swallow. Being in the real estate profession means you are in a constant learning process, however, as you gain more experience, you can start to run your business how YOU want to run it. This whole thing can be fun and easy if you take the wheel and start acting like the CEO of your business! So, set boundaries and unplug once in a while, because you are not the employee of someone else’s agenda. If you are available 24/7 you can’t enjoy the freedom that drew you to real estate in the first place! But the best part is, you also have the power to change that.
About Leigh Brown
Leigh stepped into the real estate world in 2000, joining forces with her father, Darrell Thomas, who had a successful residential real estate company. As a native of Cabarrus County in North Carolina, Leigh has a thorough understanding and knowledge of the Queen City and the thriving, unique communities that surround the fair city. Her business thrives on repeat business and solid client relationships, and she is not ashamed to tout that over 70% of her clients are referrals.
Leigh lives in Harrisburg, a NE suburb of Charlotte, with her husband Steve and her two middle school children. In her (rare) free time, she enjoys running, playing piano, and volunteering for Meals On Wheels.
A proud graduate of UNC Chapel Hill, Leigh feels that continuous education is of the utmost importance.
Her current designations include:
– ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative), AHWD (At Home With Diversity designation), CIPS (Certified International Property Specialist), CRS (Certified Residential Specialist), CLHMS (Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist), CIPS (Certified International Property Specialist), MilRES (certified to assist with military housing), CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert), ecoBroker (knowledge of green building options), ePRO (technology skills), FiveStar (foreclosure expertise), SFR (Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource), SRES (Seniors Real Estate Specialist).
What You Will Learn:
- Leigh’s backstory and her journey into the real estate profession
- How Leigh overcame the challenges of entering the world of real estate at age twenty-five
- Why Leigh chose to educate herself through conferences and mentors before working directly with clients
- How Leigh manages the constantly active lines of communication that come with modern connectivity
- The importance of setting boundaries and running your business how YOU want to run it
- How Leigh manage her energy to bring the best version of herself to every interaction
- Podcast: Crazy Sh*t in Real Estate
- Twitter: @LeighBrown
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/LeighBrownSpeaker/
- Instagram: instagram.com/leighsellsclt
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/leighthomasbrown
- Website: www.leighsells.com
- 5-Step Guide to More Referrals
- Book Recommendations: