How to Face Your Fears, with Erin Bradley
In this episode, I share tips and strategies for how to face your fears and reframe them into empowering affirmations that will supercharge you! Hear insights about:
- How to gain access to the incredible “Achieve Balanced Growth” online course, and what powerful skills you’ll gain about how to face your fears and overcome them
- Why “everyone is a teacher” who has an important lesson to teach you, even the a-holes in your life
- Why the book “Willpower Doesn’t Work” by Benjamin Hardy shares powerful advice about pain, fear, and other negative feelings and how avoiding them is holding you back
- Why you can’t control your negative feelings like fear of failure and imposter syndrome but you CAN control the actions you choose to take in spite of them
- How to face the fears that are holding you back and then reframe them into empowering statements so that you can work through them
- Why reframing your fears into positive statements is the first step in realizing that you can overcome them, and why awakening your subconscious is crucial
- Why taking notice of your moment-to-moment thoughts and insecurities can help you recognize their roots
- How Hal Elrod and David Osborn’s book “Miracle Morning Millionaires” can help transform your morning routine and make a huge difference throughout your day
- Why targeting your affirmations to the things you’re passionate about is important, and why taking the time to celebrate achieving your goals matters
- Why setting big, lofty goals even if you don’t know yet how you’re going to achieve them is still worth doing
How to Face Your Fears
Real talk time. We all experience negative feelings like self-doubt, fear of failure, imposter syndrome, feeling like we don’t deserve our success, insecurities about the future. These feelings are perfectly normal, but they CAN hold you back from taking the right risks and achieving your goals. Learning to accept and navigate these feelings is the key to overcoming them, and 100% of that lies in taking control of your mindset and reframing those negative thoughts into empowering affirmations. You’re probably thinking, “Erin, that’s easier said than done.” And you’re right. But there are some simple and highly effective strategies you can use that WILL teach you how to face your fears!
Reframing: Turning Negatives into Positives
Your subconscious mind is always trying to guide you and help you avoid dangerous situations and poor choices, and often that’s where these feelings of fear and insecurity come from. However, it comes at the danger of becoming risk-averse and not taking chances, and seizing opportunities. The secret of how to face your fears effectively is to accept that you’re feeling these feelings and then reframe them. When you find yourself feeling negative emotions, follow this process:
- Write down exactly what you’re feeling. For example: “I’m worried that taking this risk will end in failure and turn into a costly mistake that I’ll end up regretting.”
- Reframe what you’ve written into a positive statement that speaks directly to your goals. For example: “I am capable of taking smart risks that can create new opportunities for myself!”
- Mentally repeat this positive affirmation. Let your subconscious absorb this new way of looking at the situation.
When you follow these steps, what happens is that you begin to see the situation from a different perspective. By repeating this affirmation, you’re telling your subconscious that this more positive perspective is the better way of processing this feeling. It’s powerful, and it works!
How to Face Your Fears Through Positive Daily Habits
Your mindset is a lot like a juicer: you get out of it a concentrated form of what you put in it. If you develop a habit of noticing your feelings, reframing them, and turning them into empowering statements, you start feeding your subconscious a much healthier diet. It turns into a habit and seeing the positive side of situations begins to be second nature. This is a huge key for unlocking your potential! I encourage you to listen to this week’s episode of the Pursuing Freedom podcast for more strategies to help you take control of your mindset and overcome the negative thoughts and feelings that are holding you back!
About Erin Bradley
Erin Bradley is a speaker and business coach, bestselling author, and host of the real estate podcast Pursuing Freedom. As a mortgage lender, Erin learned the hard way just how hard entrepreneurship and success in sales can be. From flat broke to 6-figures, and then to burnout, Erin and her team have been through it all! Erin operates under the mindset that you never give up, and you never settle, in life or in business. Anything is possible when you have the right mindset, great systems, and an amazing team. Erin is passionate about helping others design their ideal life, then create a business that is a vehicle to support that lifestyle, rather than rob you of it. And she’s on a mission to help you believe in, and achieve your biggest dreams!
How to Connect With Erin Bradley
- Website: https://www.pursuingfreedom.com/