Finding Financial Freedom, with Tim Rhode
Finding financial freedom is the starting point, but then you have to decide how to use that freedom to live the life you want. Hear insights about:
- How Tim sold 2500 homes in 15 years during his real estate career, and how he made major life changes at the age of 40 after finding financial freedom
- How Tim overcame a difficult childhood and discovered the life he could create for himself through real estate
- Why allowing your ego to drive your career can be harmful, and why shelving your ego and focusing on serving others is the key to true success
- Why Tim hired an escrow coordinator during his second year in business to “buy himself a life” and put his financial freedom to work
- Tim describes the mission and purpose of his non-profit organization, “1 Life Fully Lived”, and he shares tools and resources his organization has created
- Why Tim chose each of his top two life mottos: “always look for win-wins” and “I’m not a victim”
- Why Tim focused on building a business that was efficient, effective and productive, and how it freed him to create win-wins and be present in his life
- Why it is important to find a place in your life where you can “fit in and thrive”, and why reinventing yourself and finding new goals can be life-changing and fulfilling
Finding Financial Freedom
Becoming a real estate agent can be a powerful platform for finding financial freedom… but it can also be easy to fall into the trap of always wanting more, always pushing yourself, and never actually tapping into the freedom you’ve created. This week’s guest on Pursuing Freedom is Tim Rhode, a successful author who sold more than 2,500 homes in 15 years. At age 40, Tim realized that he wanted “off the hamster wheel”, and because of hard work and smart investments, he was able to retire and shift his focus to creating and living the life of his dreams.
During our conversation, Tim shares how he decided to leave a thriving career and instead create a non-profit organization focused on lifting others up, and he discusses setting new and different goals for himself that allow him to really thrive and follow his passions!
Recognizing When It’s Time for Change
As Tim explained, he built an extraordinary career selling real estate. His income grew exponentially, but he made minimal changes to his lifestyle and instead focused on saving and investing his money and growing his wealth. Then, by the time Tim was 40 years old, he realized that he was ready to stop grinding and follow other things he felt passionately about. Thanks to his hard work and frugal lifestyle, he was in the financial position to break out of the grind.
However, Tim knew that he wanted more from his life than just relaxing or having fun all day, so he focused on building his non-profit organization “1 Life Fully Lived”, to help people who were just starting out on their path or who were overcoming tough circumstances get a leg up in life. Tim Rhode shows us that it’s important to recognize when we need to make big changes in our lives, and that being courageous and stepping into those changes can bring real rewards.
Leveraging Your Freedom
Many of us got started in real estate because we wanted to be able to create a specific life for ourselves, and finding financial freedom was supposed to be the key to that life. But somewhere along the path it can be easy to get caught up in the competitive, workaholic lifestyle and lose track of your goals. It can be really empowering to take a step back and consider what is really important to you, then make changes to your life that give you greater alignment with your priorities. You’ve worked so hard in finding financial freedom, but you must not forget to take advantage of that freedom.
If you’d like to learn more about Tim Rhode, you can reach out to him at email@example.com. And to learn about his non-profit 1 Life Fully Lived or to find out how you can help them in their mission to help people create a roadmap for living their best life, please visit their website at https://1lifefullylived.org/.
About Tim Rhode
Tim would tell you that he got off to a slow start. After growing up in the rural town of Portola in Northern California and barely graduating high school, Tim Rhode found himself at the age of 25 working as a grocery clerk with two young children to provide for.
He eventually found his “niche” selling real estate; and from 1986 to 2000, he sold over 2,500 homes and from 1997 to 2006 he invested in over 100 properties. Tim focused on saving money, keeping his expenses low, and playing solid “financial defense” which allowed him to basically retire, and he was financially free at the age of 40.
Not wanting to play, hike, bike or ski all day, Tim threw his energy into his true passion: helping people thrive and live their most fulfilling life. He founded the nonprofit 1Life Fully Lived to help people of all ages gain the tools and skills they need to thrive and also co-founded GoBundance, a high-level mastermind, with David Osborn, Pat Hiban and Mike McCarthy to help healthy, wealthy, generous people lead epic lives. We have a women’s tribe now!
Tim has also authored numerous books and has been featured on a variety of podcasts and media outlets. He now lives near his children in the High Sierras with his wife and dog.
How to Connect With Tim Rhode
- Website: www.timrhode.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nonprofit: https://1lifefullylived.org/
- Mastermind: www.gobundance.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/tim-rhode-42660210/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/1lifefullylived/
How to Connect With Erin Bradley
- Business Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ApplyWithErin/
- Website: https://www.pursuingfreedom.com/
- LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/erin-bradley/